10 Healthy Tea Facts
- 1Tea contains antioxidants. Tea's antioxidants protect your body from the ravages of aging.
- 2A useful fact, an eight-ounce cup of coffee contains around 135mg caffeine; tea contains 30-50mg per cup.
- 3Tea contains a natural theanine which works as an anti-stress agent.
- 4Tea is a source of the minerals manganese, essential for bone growth and body development, and potassium, vital for maintaining body fluid levels.
- 5Green and black teas are from the same plant, "Camelia sinensis", and contain similar amounts of antioxidants and caffeine.
- 6Tea without milk has no calories. Using semi-skimmed milk adds around 13 calories per cup, but you also benefit from valuable minerals and calcium.
- 7Tea contains a natural source of fluoride, less than 15% of UK water has fluoride added.
- 8Drinking tea (without sugar) has been associated with beneficial effects in preventing tooth decay.
- 9Tea contains zinc and folic acid.
- 10A study from the Netherlands found a 70% lower risk of fatal heart failure in people who drank at least two to three cups of tea daily compared to non-tea drinkers.
Mad Hatter Madness & the persuasion of tea! Mary Hare School…
Those in the search for the perfect ‘pick-me-up’ can look no further…
Richmond-based Mad Hatter Tea Company is sponsoring the launch of a new exhibition…